Yummy Combinations

  • Sweet Potatoes: Based on many experiments I have conducted with my two boys, I recommend using sweet potatoes as the primary ingredient in the main meal. I often feed my ten month old son sweet potatoes combined with anything from butternut squash and broccoli to pears and bananas. He loves it! Sweet potato is a mild, nutritious and attractive ingredient to mix with almost anything.
  • Grains: I like to combine the fruit or vegetable cubes with the grain cubes to add a little more variety to meals. It adds nutrients as well as creating a nice texture.
  • Vegetable Baby Cubes: The vegetable combinations taste wonderful with meats and fish or with ground grains. You can also add parsley or basil to the combination to help add variety to your baby's taste buds.
  • Fruit Baby Cubes: I have also found that combining the fruit baby cubes with hot cereal in the morning goes over well with my two year old. Or I buy plain yogurt and add a few fruit baby cubes to sweeten it instead of the high sugar yogurts.
  • Vegetables & Toddlers: To help get a few more vegetables into my two year old's diet, I have added warmed butternut squash cubes to his macaroni in place of most of the cheese. He did not notice a difference. I've also added different flavor vegetable baby cubes to soups and sauces to add more nutrients and flavor.